“The Golem’s life began in the hold of a steamship.”First line in The Golem and the Jinni by Helene Wecker
Apparently, it’s fall now so here is my fall 2022 TBR through Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. As per usual, I check whether I managed the previous season’s TBR, and well, I missed one: The Goblin Emperor by Katherine Addison. I swear I tried though! My library has been messing with me (long story), but I should still be able to read it within a few weeks so it’s not going on my official fall TBR. Instead, that looks like this:
- Today Tonight Tomorrow by Rachel Lynn Solomon
- The Emperor’s Blades (Chronicle of the Unhewn Throne #1) by Brian Staveley
- A Taste of Gold and Iron by Alexandra Rowland
- The Hidden Palace (The Golem and the Jinni #2) by Helene Wecker
- UnDivided (Unwind Dystology #4) by Neal Shusterman
- Sea of Tranquility by Emily St. John Mandel
- Ordinary Monsters (The Talents Trilogy #1) by J. M. Miro
- The Scorpio Races by Maggie Stiefvater
I think that is a good mix and I’m holding myself accountable when it comes to finishing two series. After having read Hobb for so long and now taking a break, I also finally have room to start another high fantasy series in The Emperor’s Blades. That one has been on my TBR forever.
What are you reading this fall? Are you also thinking about completing series before the end of the year?