“Nine hundred and ninety-nine candles lit the Iron Shrine.”First line in Heart of Iron by Ashley Poston
Apparently, we’ve reached springtime so it’s time for another TBR through Top Ten Tuesday hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. As per usual, I like to take a look at my previous seasonal TBR to see how I did, and this time it was a TBR I wasn’t that confident about. It’s therefore not a huge surprise that I failed to read three out of the eight books on my winter TBR. The books in question are Sistersong by Lucy Holland, Kindred by Octavia E. Butler, and Veil of Lies by Jeri Westerson. The only one I have an excuse for is Sistersong as I have been unable to find a physical copy of that book anywhere for months. That kind of prevents me from reading it, although I guess I have to settle for the ebook if the situation continues. I have no excuse for the other two books; I just forgot to prioritize them. However, I’m not putting any of them on my spring TBR due to a slumpy reading mood, so I’ll be prioritizing books I’m really excited about.
Anyway, let’s look at the books I’ll be reading in spring!
- Echo Cycle by Patrick Edwards
- Northern Wrath (The Hanged God Trilogy #1) by Thilde Kold Holdt
- UnWholly (Unwind Dystology #2) by Neal Shusterman
- Vespertine by Margaret Rogerson
- Fool’s Errand (The Tawny Man #1) by Robin Hobb
- The Book of Hidden Things by Francesco Dimitri
- The God of Lost Words (Hell’s Library #3) by A. J. Hackwith
- A Marvellous Light (The Last Binding #1) by Freya Marske
All of these have the potential to be five-star reads, but I don’t want to jinx it, so let’s just say I’m very excited about these books! Have you read any of them or plan to? I would love to know what you think!