“Outbreaks of magic started all kinds of ways.”First line in The Fever King by Victoria Lee
Hello, everyone. I wanted to do today’s Top Ten Tuesday prompt which is “book titles that are questions” (hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl). Anything can be a question of course if you add a question mark after it, but that didn’t strike me as very funny, so I came up with my own little creative twist. I’ve come up with a bunch of random questions that I have worked book titles into. In almost all of these cases, the question will have absolutely nothing to do with the book mentioned (which will be highlighted in bold). So yes, this post is me asking the very important questions.
- Is Rhythm of War a song and is it eligible for Eurovision next year?
Follow-up questions: Is it a rock song? Will it be Finland’s entry? Was Brandon Sanderson involved in the writing process?
- Was The Lost Future of Pepperharrow ever investigated as identity theft by the police?
Follow-up questions: Did they have any leads? Does Pepperharrow even exist anymore? What future were they supposed to have had?
- Is The Betrayals a common way of referring to the Goodreads Choice Awards?
Follow-up questions: Is it more common when a book is placed in the wrong category? Or when a non-published book is eligible?
- How will The Martian spend his time on The Long Way to a Small, Angry Planet?
Follow-up questions: Does anyone doubt the planet is Earth? Will the martian be thinking about inappropriate jokes to tell when he arrives?
- Will climate change mean that we one day will need to talk about a Drowned Country?
Follow-up question: Will it be the Netherlands? Can they form a union with Atlantis and take over the world?
- In the football game between England and Denmark at Euro 2020, why did Raheem Sterling look like he was on the receiving end of A Touch of Death when he stole a penalty by diving?
Follow-up questions: Will Sterling ever have the decency to admit to this diving? Who decided that the Denmark team hadn’t suffered enough? Was it the universe righting itself when England lost the final in the most painful way possible?
- Will the fate of the world be decided in a game of Noughts and Crosses?
Follow-up questions: Will the players be gods or cats? If cats, how many times will they push the pieces off the board? Is that actually how the apocalypse starts?
- Is Call Down the Hawk the battle cry of Hawkeye from Marvel?
Follow-up questions: Do the other avengers use it too? Do they think it’s weird? Does Hawkeye insist upon them using it?
- If a man suffers from the flu without complaining like a baby, is he then deserving of the title The Fever King?
Follow-up questions: Have I not heard of this before because no man has ever fulfilled the requirements? Is the title given by a board of women/wives?
Managing to get two titles into one question means I get to stop at nine. And now to the important question: Do you have the answers to any of these questions? Please tell me if you do! We have to uncover the mysteries together.
I really hope you enjoyed this rather weird post from me and let me know which one was your favorite!