“When the letter came I was out in the fields, binding up my last sheaf of wheat with hands that were shaking so much I could hardly tie the knot.”First line in The Binding by Bridget Collins
It’s time for sharing my spring TBR with you all through Top Ten Tuesday, which is hosted by That Artsy Reader Girl. First, I want to look back at my winter TBR and see how many of those books I actually ended up reading. And we have a new record! I read seven out of the eight books I put on that TBR, so I feel very accomplished. The only book I didn’t get to was The Martian by Andy Weir, which wasn’t great because that was the second time I had it on one of these seasonal TBRs. I have a very good excuse, though! Our libraries shut down right after I posted my winter TBR and have just recently opened up again, and since they don’t have the ebook either, I haven’t been able to get a hold of the book. So I’m not putting it on my TBR again (can’t do that three times), but just know that I’m going to read it as soon as I can.
In terms of the actual TBR, I’m sticking with my eight choices since I did so well in winter, although I’m less confident about managing my spring TBR. Spring also means Wyrd and Wonder in May, which I’m going to post a separate TBR for. It’s going to be an awesome month, but also one that requires a lot of work.
I’m going to stop rambling so that you can check out my spring TBR!
- Chain of Iron by Cassandra Clare (The Last Hours #2)
- Assassin’s Quest by Robin Hobb (Farseer Trilogy #3)
- The Shadow of the Wind by Carlos Ruiz Zafón
- The Betrayals by Bridget Collins
- Noughts and Crosses by Malorie Blackman (Noughts and Crosses #1)
- The Starless Sea by Erin Morgenstern (reread)
- Rule of Wolves by Leigh Bardugo (King of Scars #2)
- Dawnshard by Brandon Sanderson (The Stormlight Archive #3.5)
These are all the books I would love to get to in the next couple of months. Please, let me know which ones you think I should prioritize if you’ve read any of them. Which book are you looking forward to reading this spring?