“One minute the teacher was talking about the Civil War. And the next minute he was gone.”First line in Gone by Michael Grant
Hi, guys. This is my second post about the things I like that aren’t books. I meant to make one of these approximately once a month but it has now been three months since the last one. Oops.
- If You’re Too Shy (Let Me Know) by The 1975 – I need to move when I listen to this. I wasn’t a huge fan of their latest album, Notes on a Conditional Form, but this song might be my new favorite of theirs.
- Garden by Scarlet Pleasure – My favorite band released a new album! The first one in 4 years. It’s proof that 2020 isn’t all bad.
- Break Up Song by Little Mix – I’ve listened to this song way too much but it’s keeps being amazing. And the video great! My favorite take on the whole “shooting a music video in quarantine”.
Movies and Shows
- The Old Guard – So I’ve watched this 3 times… Gotta say I love my superhero movies and this one is delightfully different while still resembling what we know. I need there to be a sequel.
- This Is Us – I’m a little late to discover this series, I know. I’ve found that it’s the perfect kind of wholesome series I need to deal with this crazy world right now. It deals with a lot of serious issues but at its core, it’s deeply optimistic and I love that.
- The Umbrella Academy – I only started watching this when the second season came out recently, but then binged the whole thing in less than a week. It’s superheros. I can’t resist.
- Evan Edinger – I recently came across some of Evan’s videos where he compares the US to the UK and how things work differently in the two countries. He also reacts to some subreddits about the differences about the US and Europe and those are hilarious. There’s a lot of making fun of Americans in those.
- NoahFinnce – Through Evan’s videos, I discovered Noah who is a trans man and makes videos about that. He also sings so he does some covers but also writes his own.
(Since it’s been a while since I’ve done a post like this, some of these blog posts have posted a while ago, but they’re still worth a read)
- Nicole @Sorry, I’m Booked shared her thoughts on A Gathering of Shadows by V. E. Schwab and especially took a closer look at the character development.
- Jess @Jessticulates told us all about the books with aro and/or ace protagonists she wants to read this year.
- If you’ve read The Dragon Reborn by Robert Jordan, I highly recommend a post from Cam @Camillea Reads where she talks about her favorite character progressions in that book.
- Fantasy has so many sub-genres. Sam @The Book In Hand broke it all down for us to give us a great overview of how she sees the genre.
- Naemi @A Book Owl’s Corner did a post exploring how we as readers differ in how many details we visualize when we read. It made me question a lot about my own reading habits.
That was all for this time. Happy reading!