“In a town house at a fashionable address on Manhattan’s Upper East Side, every lamp blazes.”First line in The Diviners by Libba Bray
Welcome to my first (and possibly only) ever TBR-post and that because I’m participating in the reading challenge Sequel September next month. Kathy from Books and Munches is the creator of the wonderfully convenient challenge for those of us who just can’t finish a series when we’ve started it. If you also find this idea brilliant and want to participate, go check out her blog.
◊ Post a blog post / comment / Tweet / whatever saying you’ll be joining me in my battle against the TBR-sequels and pingback to this year’s post.
◊ Share your list of all the TBR-sequels that you own and then decide which ones to give priority to.
[Can’t decide which ones to read first? Maybe you can create a poll and let others help you decide!]
◊ If you’re sharing your updates on social media, use #SequelSeptember so we can follow up on each other!
A couple of months ago I posted a list of the series I need to finish. It shouldn’t be a surprise to anyone that I haven’t finished a single one of them yet. My TBR for September will therefore feature books from almost all of those series. I’ve picked 3 books that I’ll for sure be reading (unless the library decides to hate me):
- Shadows of Self by Brandon Sanderson – Book 2 in Mistborn: The Alloy Era (alternatively, book 5 in Mistborn)
- The Girl in the Tower by Katherine Arden – Book 2 in Winternight Trilogy
- Thick as Thieves by Megan Whalen Turner – Book 5 in The Queen’s Thief
If I have more time to read after those, I have 3 other books to choose from.
- The Bands of Mourning by Brandon Sanderson – Book 3 in Mistborn: The Alloy Era (alternatively, Book 6 in Mistborn)
- The House of Hades by Rick Riordan – Book 4 in The Heroes of Olympus
- The Stone Sky by N. K. Jemisin – Book 3 in The Broken Earth
I’m very dependent upon the mercy of my library but at the moment, all 6 books are available so I’m hoping to be able to stick to this TBR. Let me know if you’re also participating in this reading challenge and what you think of my TBR.